Living in Costa Rica can be a very exciting and rewarding new chapter in your life. Getting a good feel for what the country has to offer is essential to making a good decision about where to spend your days in the sun. Depending on where you come from, you can travel around Costa Rica for up to 3 months on a tourist visa and with only a valid driver’s license and passport you are able to legally drive anywhere in the country. This not only gives you the freedom to explore the country but also gives you a good idea of what the roads and culture are like in other parts of the country. Once you discover Guanacaste, you’ll want to stay! Now that Costa Rica is calling you to visit more often and perhaps even move here, you will no doubt have plenty of questions. Such as:
- Where should I live? the beach, the mountains, the city?
- What should I buy? A condo, a house or a lot to build on?
- Should I ship my household goods to Costa Rica or start over?
- Which shipping company and port of entry should I use?
- Can I, or should I, ship my car down, or buy one here?
- What are the best schools for my children?
- Where can I get good medical services?
- Where is the best place to meet other foreigners and expats?
- Our goal at RE/MAX Ocean Village is to make your transition as easy, worry-free and as efficient as possible.